Friday, June 27, 2008

Way of the Master

A few months ago, I was flipping channels on the television and came across a familiar face. It was Kirk Cameron, the young actor from the 1980s, who was on the hit sit-com Growing Pains. Remember him? I was in my teens and totally had a crush on him as did all of my friends. Ha! He was on a Christian Network and was talking about the Lord. It was so awesome, his boldness and sincere concern for the unsaved.

Since then I've been doing a lot of research into evolution, and proof that supports a creator, and Jesus as God's son, who was risen from the dead. There's a ton of evidence, and not only given by Christians, either, but by scientists. It's pretty cool.

I just now visited Kirk Cameron's website, The Way of the Master, and listened to Kirk's testimony, about how he became a follower of God and Jesus. I've listened to it before, and it's pretty funny the way he describes it, but smart. Basically, he said that he owed it to himself to at least investigate.

Brian and I have noticed these days, that most Americans are actually Agnostics. It's easy to be one, Brian and I once were Agnostics. Agnostics are people who simply don't care, don't want to be bothered by Jesus, don't want to put forth any effort into discovering truth or making an educated decision, don't want to take time out their busy schedule to think about and dwell on the idea that maybe what the Bible says is true, simply put, just don't really care one way or the other. If the Bible is true, which Brian and I believe is the case, then this life on earth is extremely short. What happens next? Eternity is a loooong time.

1 comment:

Trininja said...

there are those who simply but in and those wo do not. IMO, they who do not...are in for rude awakeining in the future.