Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mt Lemmon MVP

Hello Tri Friends - here's your "Mayor's" belated blog for Tuesday March 1 - our Gates Pass ride.
I am writing my blog while in flight back to NY. Just to remind you - I was one of Tuesday's MVP's for doing such a great job of nuzzling up to some fresh asphalt. All I know is that I swerved to avoid hitting one of our friends - and that was all she wrote. Funny thing is - the shoulder, elbow, hand wounds hurt much more now (in flight) than they did right after crashing and for the rest of the week. Must be because the pain from being pushed hard by Eric and Brian overrode the dings from the crash pain. Luck was on our side March 1 - we avoided a disaster but most of all I was lucky - I got to finish the ride and most of all I was lucky because I had the great care, consideration and support from you guys.
I learned a heck of a lot this past week, here is your Mayor's top 10 list....
10) My girlfriend Lisa sends amazing care packages!
9) Trail running is much more fun than road running.
8) Sue, Kerri, Tracy, Trista - can kick your ass - at any moment in time.
7) Frosty has calves as large as my thighs and more hair on his chin than I have on my head.
6) Leo has a really "bitchin" RV - but what the heck goes on inside?
5) Steve and Doug (Madoff) are my idols - and the 3 of us AARP members will be back to whip you young, svelte whipper-snappers next year.
5(a) Jim/Tracey and Brian Grasky/Jill- well they just define love and great relationships.
5(b) Kevin's SI joint limp is a sandbag - he can run like a gazelle.
4) The tip top of Mt Lemmon (meaning 2 miles past "your" definition of "top" -- up over the rarely traveled snow/ice covered path) has some really cool observatories and the maintenance guys (and probably you guys too) think I am a nut.
3) Eric has really cool music on his iTouch, can nimbly pick his way through the breathtaking canyons of Tucson but can't do the same on the streets :) ... and he knows my (our) limits better than me (us).
2) Molson - had to have made his money doing stand up comedy - not on Wall St.
1) I met about 20 new friends this week that I enjoyed immensely and that I would welcome the opportunity to train with again. Safe home, fast races and happiness to you all.
From Your Mayor (almost Mr. Roadkill :)

No comments: